Meet The Team
• Mrs Highton teaches on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
• Mrs Reed Teaches on a Wednesday
• Mrs Bonnett is the TA
• Mrs Marsh teaches French on a Thursday
• Mrs Allen teaches Music on a Thursday
• Mr Russell (from CUFC) teaches P.E. on a Monday
Our Governor Buddy is Mrs Garrard.
What happens in Oak Class at Cheveley?
Our Year 6 children have a very important role in the school. Each Year 6 child has a job, as either a Buddy or Young Leader.
Buddies are responsible for running courtyard clubs, help solve any playground issues and are good friends.
Young Leaders are responsible for running lunchtime clubs and helping organise playground equipment.
Spellings - 10 minutes daily
Reading - 15 minutes daily (At LEAST 3 times a week)
Additional work twice a week:
Friday - To be handed in the following Tuesday
Tuesday - To be handed in the following Friday
Children will require PE kit every Monday and Tuesday.
All pupils should have a white tee-shirt plus blue tracksuit trousers for outside and blue shorts/leggings for indoors.
When the weather becomes colder, children may require a sweat shirt (any colour). Children will need to tie back long hair and all earrings need to be removed or covered with tape.
Over the course of the year we will be covering lots of exciting topics:
• North America
• History of leisure and entertainment
• Elizabethan England
• Local village life
We will be linking these topics to tie in with our Art, DT, music and English wherever possible to make it cross curricular.
• Properties and changes of materials
• The circulatory system
• Evolution and inheritance
• (Living things) Lifecycles
• Book Study
• Biographies & Autobiographies
• Instructions & Explanations
• Story Writing
• Argument & Debate
• Reports & Journalistic Writing
• Classic Fiction & Poetry
• Persuasive Writing
• Non-Chronological Reports
• Number & Place Value
• Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
• Multiplication & Division
• Addition & Subtraction
• Properties of Shape
• Ratio & Proportion
• SATS revision
• What is important for Jews about being part of Gods family?
• What is the trinity?
• How and why do Jews celebrate the festival of Passover?
• What makes a place of worship?
• Creation and science: conflicting or complementary?
• What is it like to follow God?
Things to look forward to!
• Alymerton residential trip
• Cathedral trip
• R.E. Day
• Oak class assembly
• End of year performance
• Cheveley challenge
• Leavers assembly
The children have already shown great promise and are working really hard.
We look forward to a successful year in Oak Class!